Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Status: Full Time
This key position must understand and be able to execute procurement and sourcing best practices. This role is responsible for accurately and precisely planning and buying high quality cost effective products from both domestic and off-shore suppliers at the best possible price with a minimum of capital investment while achieving a high level of customer service. Individual must have an intimate working knowledge of MRP in order to successfully manage, control and optimize stocking levels of assigned products to achieve desired inventory turns, order fill rates and schedule attainment based on established objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for procurement and delivery of assigned products and component materials needed to meet manufacturing and customer deadlines.
- Expertise in using MRP and planning tools, analyze inventory order patterns and sales data to provide input for strategic purchasing decisions.
- Evaluate and measure vendor’s performance, initiating corrective action when expectations are not met ensuring maximum performance.
- Identifies areas of risk for the business (i.e. delivery, quality, cost, performance, etc.) and makes recommendations mitigating risk.
- Solicit and evaluate quotations, place and amend purchase orders, and follow up on supplier commitments for assigned products.
- Participate in evaluation and selection of new suppliers.
- Maintain the accuracy of purchase item data and planning parameters driving the MPS/MRP processes.
- Analyze and solve purchasing problems with other departments (Accounting, Receiving, Production Planning, Product Development, etc.) such as conformance to quality or design requirements, material scheduling, receiving, and price disputes.
- Continuously evaluate and improve purchasing procedures.
- Recommends process improvements and innovative solutions to support achievement of goals as related to suppliers and products.
- Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with other departments, to ensure that both internal and external service levels are met.
- Reviewing and analyzing data to determine cost saving opportunities through vendor consolidation and/or contract renegotiations.
- Effectively dealing with Asian factories and trading companies.
- Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree – any concentration.
- Five-plus years of supply chain and/or inventory experience.
- Intimate understanding and working knowledge of inventory systems (ERP/ MRP/ ERP/LX).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a deadline driven environment; independently executing work while working collaboratively with a team of peers.
- Energetic with the ability to influence change for the better by evaluating inefficiencies and developing and recommending ways to improve.
- Self-motivated; willingness to do what it takes, and at times taking on tasks outside of defined roles.
- Committed to continuous learning by seeking, sharing, and applying best practices, industry examples, and team feedback.
- Understands the importance of establishing a strong and transformative brand.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.
- Ability to extract and analyze data in order to make critical decisions.
- Solution focused in a problem solving environment; fixing problems immediately (on a micro basis) as well as to finding solutions (on a macro basis).
- Ability to convey messages appropriate to a variety of audiences internally as well as externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various internal customers and other managers.