Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 10%
Responsible for driving the company’s growth through sales efforts. This position will proactively identify and close new business, and will also be responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, identify, and manage sales objectives for the sales department.
- Train and supervise all new and existing sales personnel; evaluate work performance & provide employee reviews, merit structure & increases; provide coaching when needed
- Identify key clients and decision makers.
- Manage existing customer base and generate growth from these accounts.
- Create and manage yearly sales and marketing budget, negotiate contracts, forecast sales activities and create a structured plan for growth.
- Design and implement strategic sales plans.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price, schedules and strategy.
- Understand and adapt to factors that influence business.
- Stay current with the industry and understand competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish a strong working relationship with existing accounts to grow their business.
- Identify and establish communication with new clients and integrate them into the sales systems; plan and coordinate client contact with target companies and track their sales progress.
- Generate quotes solely or with the assistance of the Project Management Team to be delivered to clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor activities involving sales, market trends, client requirements, new methods/processes required, and new market and account growth.
- Continue to develop and maintain sales account database.
- Serves as a liaison for all job related items between clients and company’s Project Management team; gather & understand all project spec requirements prior to project kickoff with a Project Manager.
- Inspect all projects before delivery to clients to ensure quality is consistent with company’s standard and customer specifications.
- Prepare monthly reports, to summarize current activities and goals involving sales; report on sales trends and provide forecasts based upon these trends.
- Prepare and host monthly Sales Team meetings to review existing sales, forecast upcoming sales, discuss trends and prospects, and provide training and guidance to the Team.
- Develop promotional materials for off-site sales events, as needed, within budget.
- Represent the company at industry trade shows, conferences and customer events; order supplies for trade shows; organize, set up, and attend trade shows, and report on industry trends and developments.
- Provide value added customer experiences when working with clients and follow-up on individual sales activity.
- Manages and complies with the company’s ISO requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of five-plus year(s) of experience in inside sales identifying and closing new sales opportunities as well as growing existing customer sales are required. Three-plus year(s) of demonstrated sales leadership experience and a proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and QuickBooks, are also required.
A self-motivated candidate with experience creating PowerPoint sales presentations and using visual aid tools such as: graphics, charts, etc. is also preferred. Additionally, a candidate with high energy, strong multi-tasking skills, and excellent communication skills (specifically, presentation skills) is preferred. A highly attentive candidate with a strong business acumen and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment also preferred.
Technical industry knowledge of CNC Machining, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Prototyping as well as an understanding of 2D entering prints, drawings, and 3D CAD files are preferred. The ability to accurately measure parts using calipers, micrometers, etc. is also preferred.
The ability to generate sales from new and existing clients in the CNC Machining, Engineering Manufacturing, Model Making, and Rapid Prototyping industries and/or previous experience working in a creative manufacturing environment are strongly preferred.