Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 50% (mostly within local market; overnight travel limited)
Responsible for contributing to the company’s growth of the region through new customer acquisition, customer retention, and realizing growth opportunities within the current customer base. Also, by prospecting both inbound and outbound leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uncover growth opportunities within current customer base.
- Maintain daily contact with both current and prospective customers.
- Visit with key decision makers; build and strengthen relationships.
- Work with all teams to process orders and successfully coordinate business needs.
- Present new products to current accounts; close new business within these accounts.
- Solicit new business opportunities in designated markets by visiting accounts in person.
- Manage the market by working with distribution partners and direct customers.
- Perform lead follow-ups via email and phone, and place outbound cold calls for new prospects.
- Assist Regional Sales Director by producing reports outlining the new business opportunities and reviewing sales targets and goals for upcoming period(s).
- Support the Regional Sales Director in assigned region on an as needed basis.
- Utilize company CRM/ERP for all aspects of account management: lead generation and contact, accounts set up (following appropriate procedures as developed by A/R) to complete order cycle.
- Provide clear expectations and information regarding out-of-stocks, new product arrivals, order fulfillment times, shipping and all other trouble-shooting required for account management.
- Work across departments to ensure customers’ needs are met in all areas including A/R, new product development (R&D, compliance, purchasing), blending, production, fulfillment, shipping and creative.
- Provide superior level of customer service and account management.
- Educate existing customers about new and existing products as well as tea brewing techniques and general tea knowledge.
- Conduct in-market sales calls and customer visits including coordinating tea classes, demonstrations and presentations as approved by the RSD
- In-person visits to market as assigned by Regional Sales Director or Company executive on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for being aware of, and following, all food safety protocols as required by company’s food safety management system, as they relate to this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of one-plus years of inside sales experience (growing sales through new customer acquisition and/or customer retention and/or realizing growth opportunities within the current customer base) are required.
The ideal candidate must possess a demonstrated passion for selling and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment as well as the ability to sell into large customers/accounts. A self-motivated and proactive candidate with a strong sense of collaboration is also a must.
Additionally, strong presentation skills and a high level of comfort explaining or demonstrating products to a variety of individuals/groups are preferred. A highly attentive and proactive team player with strong customer services abilities is also preferred.
Experience with coffee, specialty food, natural and organic, wine or tea is strongly preferred.