Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for analyzing real estate acquisitions and asset management duties for the company’s real estate portfolio and responsible for analyzing acquisitions for company’s operating company portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gather information pertinent to potential acquisition.
- Analyze financial data in order to assist in corporate financial decisions; real estate valuation analysis; capital structure analysis.
- Conduct market research such as: macroeconomic trends, property or entity specific diligence, property tours, and other relevant trend analysis.
- Summarize conclusions generated from financial and situational analysis, authorize investment and reporting memoranda, and advocate recommendations on a pro-active basis.
- Advise on new real estate investment opportunities for the company.
- Monitor and analyze portfolios.
- Target, analyze, and execute new investment opportunities; source new transactions and build relationships with operating partners.
- Develop presentations and memoranda.
- Assist in all aspects of the diligence and execution of transactions.
- Compile information into reports for internal use; investor reporting.
- Interact with key constituents including: capital investors, co-investment partners, lenders, borrowers, outside legal counsel, advisors, and third-party managers.
- Liaise with accounting and property management staff to complete ongoing and ad job reporting for the firm’s investments.
- Ongoing asset management.
- Excel / Argus modeling.
- Escalate issues to executive management when necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree, with upper-level standing, in Business or Real Estate, and/or in a in a related or equivalent field. A minimum of six months of data analysis experience in the Real Estate and/or Financial industry, and a minimum of six months of relevant experience in real estate, corporate finance, and/or investment banking are required.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent academic background and strong cognitive ability, and a demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and ability to compile information and create timely reports on an as needed basis are a must.
Additionally, a passion for investment management, and the ability to serve internal and external constituents in a fast-paced and nimble environment is required. The ability to work under strict timelines as well as the ability to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion are also required. Exceptional capability in Microsoft Excel is also required.
Experience using Argus is preferred. Real estate background and/or experience working in a sales environment is extremely preferred.