Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Status: Full Time
Come use your marketing and creative graphic design skills to promote our award winning educational tools and supplemental curriculum. As our Marketing Web Designer, you’ll concept, create, and implement impactful graphics for our eCommerce site, email campaigns, ads, and other digital marketing initiatives. Your daily activities will grow consumer interest resulting in increased sales and brand loyalty. This position will design for an eCommerce site, its social presences, and email program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Wireframe, design, and code creative components of all related digital properties, including but not limited to websites, email, and social media.
- Build and edit impactful web pages using provided marketing copy and digital marketing collateral to drive consumer sales.
- Work with Creative team and Creative Director to ensure brand standards are being followed consistently across the organization and when necessary, define digital standards as brand evolves.
- Continually refresh design specifications as needed to keep current with evolving marketing strategy.
- Ensure quality and successful implementation through testing.
- Supply email reporting from email platform.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree – any concentration.
- Two-plus years of HTML and CSS design experience.
- Three-plus years of graphic design experience.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Strong creative layout and design skills with experience in responsive design for web and email, especially in support of mobile form factors
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Five-plus years of HTML and CSS webpage and email design experience.
- Experience in creating marketing emails for product promotion.
- Light video production and editing experience.
- Creative direct-to-consumer education industry experience working with products for children.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Energetic with the ability to influence change for the better by evaluating inefficiencies and developing and recommending ways to improve.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to translate feedback and input into exceptional creative design
- Self-motivated; willingness to do what it takes, and at times taking on tasks outside of defined roles.
- Committed to continuous learning by seeking, sharing, and applying best practices, industry examples, and team feedback.
- Recognizes the importance of establishing a strong and transformative brand.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.