Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 25%
Responsible for supporting the existing Commercial Property Manager and Bookkeeper.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with management of existing commercial properties.
- Aid in timely completion of commercial building projects both large and small.
- Assist with finding tenants, negotiate leases, and oversee tenant relations.
- Collaborate with existing property management team and put forth multiple, qualified bids and well thought out purchase orders including a bid summary sheet when submitting purchase orders.
- Work with existing property management team to review, track, follow-up with maintenance staff regarding daily work lists as needed.
- Aid existing property management team on managing construction management as required, including: contractor selection, construction supervision, punch lists, expedite tenant build-outs.
- Assist property management team in property level accounting, including entering rents and expenses, tracking various tenant fees, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Assist existing Bookkeeper in entering payable/receivable invoices in Yardi.
- Aid in monitoring accounts receivable and performing collection duties when invoices are past due including resending invoices, issuing monthly statements, and contacting customers for payment.
- Work with existing Bookkeeper to perform analysis of projects to monitor progress, profitability, and comparison of actual costs and time spent to estimated amounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account analysis as assigned; maintain financial records.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank and credit cards.
- Accurately process of accounts payable invoices in a timely manner.
- Assists in external audits.
- Aid in reconciliation of vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Help existing Bookkeeper with cash flow management and transfers between accounts
- Prepare Expense reports and reimbursements as assigned.
- Assist with summarizing property level cash flows and calculate returns (cash flow and internal rate of return) on real estate investments.
- Assist with internal and external transfers to and from 30+ bank accounts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, or equivalent is required. One-plus years of bookkeeping experience is also required. Additionally, one-plus years of property management experience required.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and ability to compile information and create reports on an as needed basis are a must. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.
Experience using Yardi bookkeeping software is preferred. Real estate background and/or experience working in a sales environment is extremely preferred.