Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full Time
Responsible for accurately and precisely planning and buying high quality cost effective products from vendors at the best possible price with a minimum of capital investment while achieving a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for procurement and delivery of assigned goods or services needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Initiate transactions for Marketing, Packaging & Concentrates.
- Expertise in analyzing inventory order patterns and sales data to provide input for strategic purchasing decisions; negotiate pricing and handle price dispute resolutions.
- Solicit and evaluate quotations, place and amend purchase orders, and follow up on vendor commitments for assigned goods or services; manage vendor relationships.
- Maintain the accuracy of purchase item data.
- Analyze and solve complex purchasing problems with other departments.
- Continuously evaluate and improve purchasing procedures.
- Recommend process improvements and innovative solutions to support achievement of goals as related to vendors and goods or services.
- Create Purchase Orders (PO), review, and analyze PO details by conducting receiving audits.
- Manage and track all customer orders.
- Successfully transact and build competencies with inbound logistics.
- Analyze and coordinate transactions for other procurement spend as directed.
- Solicit and provide necessary documentation for compliance and A/P Vouchers.
- Perform reporting duties on a frequent basis.
- Analyze, maintain and evolve Purchasing Plans;
- Follow all food safety protocols as required by food safety management system, as related to this position.
- Provide direct and up to date Purchasing insight through Buyer activities.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for supporting procurement activities as it pertains to analysis of purchasing, inventory and cost accounting.
- Conduct transactional duties – Procurement to Accounts Payable.
- Support Executive Leadership objectives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of one-plus years of inside sales experience (growing sales through new customer acquisition and/or customer retention and/or realizing growth opportunities within the current customer base) are required.
The ideal candidate must possess a demonstrated passion for selling and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment as well as the ability to sell into large customers/accounts. A self-motivated and proactive candidate with a strong sense of collaboration is also a must.
Additionally, strong presentation skills and a high level of comfort explaining or demonstrating products to a variety of individuals/groups are preferred. A highly attentive and proactive team player with strong customer services abilities is also preferred.
Experience with coffee, specialty food, natural and organic, wine or tea is strongly preferred.