Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for maintaining sales, purchase, and general ledgers, and account analysis for operating businesses, real estate investment ventures and property level accounting; including resolution of queries from both external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and approve invoicing; enter payable/receivable invoices in QuickBooks.
- Monitor accounts receivable and perform collection duties when invoices are past due including resending invoices, issuing monthly statements, and contacting customers for payment.
- Perform analysis of projects to monitor progress, profitability, and comparison of actual costs and time spent to estimated amounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account analysis as assigned.
- Maintain financial records; manage financial oversight and forecasting.
- Process Payroll using Paychex and prepare payroll worksheets; match and send out payroll checks and correspondence.
- Submit reports to Executive management on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with accounting firm to file required City/State/Federal reports; file reports to multiple tax agencies.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank and credit cards.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable invoices.
- Assists in external audits.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Review monthly operating performance vs. budget; assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manage cash flow and transfers between accounts; provide Executive management with cash and operating forecasts monthly, as necessary or requested.
- Prepare Expense reports and reimbursements.
- Close the general ledger at month end including all necessary adjustments and journal entries.
- Work with property management team in property level accounting, including entering rents and expenses, tracking various tenant fees, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Summarize property level cash flows and calculate returns (cash flow and internal rate of return) on real estate investments.
- Prepare financials summary reports for owners and investors.
- Identify inefficiencies and/or cost savings in various companies.
- Internal and external transfers to and from 30+ bank accounts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, and/or in a related or equivalent field and a minimum of two-plus years of bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks is required.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and ability to compile information and create reports on an as needed basis are a must. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.
Masters degree in Finance or Accounting, and/or in a related or equivalent field is preferred. Real estate background and/or experience working in a sales environment is extremely preferred.