Location: Dublin, OH
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 75%
Responsible for building the business and brand presence through strategic new customer acquisition via outside sales for specific markets. Focused on targeting new business opportunities in environmental consulting using an established network of clients within local, state, and regional markets in and surrounding Columbus, Ohio. This position will be responsible for generating revenue out of these markets at an agreed upon profit margin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute a deliberate outreach and business development strategy based on disciplined
prospecting, networking, and information gathering.
- Perform lead follow-ups via email and phone, and place outbound cold calls for new prospects.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Uncover growth opportunities by canvassing prospective customers within assigned market.
- Solicit new business opportunities in designated markets by visiting accounts in person.
- Visit with key decision makers; build and strengthen relationships.
- Maintain contact with both current and prospective customers.
- Manage projects and meet client expectations by assigning work to new/existing in-house support
- Generate new revenue and manage agreed upon profit margin for new projects.
- Present solutions to customers tied to their business results, using a consultative selling
methodology and economic modeling.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Coordinate sales effort with in-house staff and other departments.
- Keep abreast of leading sales practices and trends in the environmental consulting industry.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Work with Principal to execute sales growth strategies in the local market.
- Sustain growth year over year in revenue and profits.
- Successfully integrate and collaborate with other Senior Leaders as well as Managers and
existing/new in-house staff within the Environmental Practice Group and Company.
- Participate in the weekly project meeting to evaluate workload for direct reports and provide
leadership an update on efficiently utilized resources.
- Continuously improve technical acumen and complete and review work with a high technical
- Review weekly WEF report for trends associated with direct reports and to evaluate direct reports’
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports on an annual basis.
- Develop and implement corrective measures in consultation with the Operations Manager for any
negative trends identified in direct reports’ performance.
- Assist in bonus pool allocation for direct reports.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree and ten-plus years of outside consultative sales experience in the environmental consulting field/industry are required. Five-plus years of management experience (managing projects, clients, and relationships) is also required. The ability to bring over a solid client base/existing book of business is a must.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in sales management with a focus on accountability. High emotional intelligence, relationship management skills, and openness to feedback are also ideal. Additionally, the ideal candidate must be self-motivated and proactive with a growth mindset, highly attentive. Proactive customer services abilities, excellent selling, prioritizing, communication, and negotiation skills are also ideal. Ability to work cohesively as part of a team is a must.
Masters Degree is preferred. Certified Professional in the Voluntary Action Program in Ohio is extremely preferred.