Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 75%
Responsible for the overall success of each self-storage site in the company’s portfolio – focusing on sales and management of each location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clearly communicate storage vacancies and closings focusing on sales and business development
- Promote seasonal specials and special offers
- Forecast annual growth projections and develop a sales process to ensure goals are achieved
- Send high-level updates and reports (sales actuals and forecasts) to leadership
- Supervise all personnel at each self-storage location in the company’s portfolio
- Manage all current leases and coordinate unit turnover when needed
- Gather the necessary information needed for appropriate insurance coverage
- Oversee all site financials; assist with collections as needed
- Manage all unit leases and communicate with unit renters as needed
- Oversee self-storage portfolio budget and develop and implement strategies to improve facilities sales processes
- Manage all maintenance requests on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, or equivalent and two-plus years of portfolio or property management experience in self-storage. A demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction as well as the ability to manage time effectively is required. The candidate must also have high attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to compile information and create reports on an as-needed basis.
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have four-plus years of portfolio or property management experience in self-storage.