Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for reviewing and analyzing customer financial documentation and propose solutions to assist customers in obtaining and/or retaining commercial property ownership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply knowledge of mortgage servicing process and/or credit underwriting guidelines.
- Identify and source new transactions from potential borrowers and brokers.
- Develop marketing materials and help coordinate outreach programs.
- Screen potential customer leads and manage ongoing pipeline reporting.
- Review loan applications and data tapes.
- Work with customers to compile underwriting and due diligence items.
- Perform due diligence activities when underwriting.
- Develop and present credit memos for loan committee approval.
- Provide exceptional customer service through verbal and written communication.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to complete work assignment.
- Balance the need for loan-volume growth with the equally important necessity of optimum underwriting quality to minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Ensure loan submittals met internal and external eligibility requirements.
- Provide meticulous attention to detail in underwriting mortgages.
- Evaluate the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity.
- Leverage knowledge of loan products to help restructure turned-down loans for subsequent approvals.
- Maintain compliance with lending, underwriting and government requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent follow-through with borrowers, loan processors, loan originators and management throughout all phases of the underwriting process.
- Act as a support system for the Loan Officers.
- Manage Owner’s schedule; coordinate travel and attendance for networking events on Owner’s behalf.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-plus year(s) of underwriting and/or processing and/or mortgage credit analyst experience within the real estate industry.
- Customer service and/or cold calling experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Three-plus year(s) of underwriting and/or processing and/or mortgage credit analyst experience within the real estate industry.
- Commercial real estate background.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused.
- Proactive, dedicated, resourceful, innovative, responsible; a “no excuses” mentality.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.