Location: Des Plaines, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for working independently and using experience to examine residential and commercial property, to determine status and establish chain of title.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examine title and chain of title for residential and commercial properties.
- Conduct searches and analyze public records in both electronic and paper files.
- Provide a thorough examination of property titles to determine status of title and establish chain of title.
- Accurately summarize recorded documents affecting title, such as deeds, mortgages, deeds to trust, liens, judgments, and contracts.
- Research and examine court opinions and case abstracts for underwriting decisions.
- Determine status of title and provide detail on information required on title commitments.
- Communicate well, and work effectively with customers on title clearance activities.
- Prepare and issue policy that guarantees legality of title and make other underwriting decisions.
- Take ownership providing customers great customer service, guidance, and follow-up.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-plus year(s) of title examining experience with a working knowledge of the general search tools such as: title point and property insight.
- Customer service experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Commercial and/or new construction title examining background.
- Working knowledge of SoftPro Select, SoftPro, or a similar title software.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.