Location: Libertyville, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for all tax planning, reporting, and compliance functions. Oversees the accounting staff and the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilize strong accounting, analytical, and tax skills to review client tax returns.
- Evaluates the tax implications of client company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations.
- Assist clients with estate planning, family limited partnerships, foundations corporate work, trust work, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Advises clients on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to their organization; effectively communicates tax consequences.
- Use strong customer service skills to maintain/grow existing client relationships and build new client relationships.
- Manage client budgets; update client when necessary.
- Train, manage, and oversee all activities of assigned staff; responsible for the performance, growth, training and mentoring of these individuals as well as developing and implementing company policies and procedures. Evaluate assigned work performance & provide employee reviews, merit structure & increases; provide coaching when needed.
- Meet regularly with Partners and reports any staff/client concerns/issues.
- Complete project-based client work, switch jobs quickly, when needed.
- Account for time spent; track billable hours per client.
- Understand and adapt to factors that influence business.
- Learn new software applications as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree, in any concentration, and CPA are required. Ten-plus years of public accounting tax experience is a must. A proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and strong accounting and tax skills are also required.
A candidate with strong oral and written communication abilities is preferred. The ability to switch jobs quickly while doing project based work and the ability to interface with all levels within the company is are also preferred. A detail-oriented candidate with the ability to track billable hours by client is highly preferred. A team player with a strong customer service mentality and analytical abilities, problem solving, and quantitative skills who takes pride in their work is ideal. A candidate who is committed to process improvement and professional growth who possesses excellent organizational, prioritization, and project management skills is highly preferred. Thompson Reuters experience is a plus.