Location: Libertyville, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for client project-based public accounting work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Ability to compile a work paper file; reconcile balance sheets accounts.
- Create adjusting journal entries and investigate discrepancies for a client company and/or family entities.
- Compile numbers, raise questions, and provide summaries for non-recurring projects.
- Assist clients with questions, on an as needed basis.
- Learn and work within Xero (cloud based software) and Thompson Reuters software (UT, WPCS, Fixed Asset Solutions, FCAB).
- Complete project-based client work, switch jobs quickly, when needed.
- Account for time spent; track billable hours per client.
- Understand and adapt to factors that influence business.
- Exhaust all avenues before going to leadership for assistance.
- Assist on special projects on an as needed basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent and two-plus years of public accounting experience or four-plus years of private accounting experience are required. A proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to understand balance sheets and adjusting journal entries are also required.
Bachelor’s degree, in any concentration, and/or a CPA are preferred. A candidate with an interest in obtaining a CPA certificate is also extremely preferred. A familiarity with Xero platform and/or Thompson Reuters software is a plus. A candidate with strong oral and written communication abilities is preferred. The ability to switch jobs quickly while doing project based work and the ability to interface with all levels within the company is are also preferred. A detail-oriented candidate with the ability to track billable hours by client is highly preferred. A team player with a customer service mentality and analytical abilities, who takes pride in their work is ideal. A candidate who possesses excellent organizational, prioritization, and project management skills is highly preferred. An inquisitive nature with the ability to research why something is done a particular way is also extremely preferred. Experience in the banking industry is also a plus.