Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 45%
This role is responsible for growing business increasing existing sales and generation new opportunities to maximize revenue generation and margin. This will include maintaining the integrity of product and creating a bigger presence of the company’s product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage key house accounts. Maintain and grow the business in Office Supply segment
- Manage outside Independent Office Supply Rep Organization
- Able to successfully meet sales projections and budgets as set by themselves and sales management team
- Contact regular and prospective customers, scheduling appointments and visits to review product needs to grow sales by identifying and providing solutions to customers. Write catalog proposals, Present POG and write web proposals for customer visits. Identify prospective customers following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customer’s needs and interests. Demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders. Answer customer’s questions about product uses, and credit limits.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates that meet specific customer needs. Prepare sales contracts and order forms. Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Consult with customers after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support. Liaise with customers and the company for up-to-date status of service, pricing and new product release launches.
- Attend trade Shows, reviewing new products, and identify new business. Know competition’s product and be acquainted with the deals and terms they offer.
- Review and analyze sales reports for opportunities to expand existing sales and gain new pieces of business and act accordingly. Prepare reports for marketing and sales and file expense account reports.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, maintaining and updating customers’ account information in Salesforce.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree – any concentration.
- Three-plus years of proven account management sales (business-to-business) experience.
- Two-plus years of experience selling into an office supply channel.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Bachelors Degree – any concentration.
- Five-plus years of proven account management sales (business-to-business) experience.
- Three-plus years of experience selling into an office supply channel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate sales with existing/potential customers on an as needed basis.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Energetic with the ability to influence change for the better by evaluating inefficiencies and developing and recommending ways to improve.
- Self-motivated; willingness to do what it takes, and at times taking on tasks outside of defined roles.
- Committed to continuous learning by seeking, sharing, and applying best practices and team feedback.
- Understands the importance of establishing a strong brand.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.
- Ability to make critical decisions.
- Solution focused and ability to decipher and customize sales approach to focus on customer needs.
- Ability to convey messages appropriate to a variety of audiences internally as well as externally.
- Effective interpersonal skills interacting with various potential/existing customers and industry partners.