Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full Time
Responsible to drive the company’s growth in the designated region through multiple channels, including natural, specialty gourmet, grocery, specialty coffee, specialty tea, and food service retailers and distributors. This position will proactively prospect and close new business on a direct basis and through our network of distributors, and will also be responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospect, network and meet with key clients and decision makers.
- Manage existing independent sales representatives and/or designated brokers within the region.
- Exceed sales goals by closing new sales and establishing long-term relationships.
- Manage existing customer base within region and generate growth from these accounts.
- Manage budget, negotiate contracts, forecast sales activities and plan for growth.
- Design and implement strategic sales plans.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules and strategy.
- Understand and adapt to factors that influence business regionally and nationally.
- Stay current with the industry and understand competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze sales data, identify market expansion opportunities and recommend product line improvements to strengthen market position.
- Generate and present sales reports and provide consistent and direct feedback to the VP – Sales and teammates on the sales, marketing and procurement teams.
- Represent the company at industry trade shows, conferences and customer events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of three-plus years of sales experience in the food and beverage and/or hotel and hospitality industry. One-plus years of demonstrated leadership experience is required.
The ideal candidate must possess a demonstrated passion for selling and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment as well as the ability to sell into large customers/accounts. A self-motivated and proactive candidate with a strong sense of collaboration is also a must.
Additionally, strong presentation skills and a high level of comfort explaining or demonstrating products to a variety of individuals/groups are preferred. A highly attentive and proactive team player with strong customer services abilities is also preferred.
Experience with coffee, specialty food, natural and organic, wine or tea is strongly preferred. Additionally, sales experience in the Central region is also preferred.