Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 25%
Responsible for generating consumer demand by coordinating retail demonstrations, strategizing retail promotions sales associates, and by supporting staff contractors serving as Brand Ambassadors or Merchandizers in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent Rishi at B2B trade shows and B2C consumer events.
- Maintain an inventory of the company’s trade show and consumer event supplies in collaboration with Marketing Communications Manager.
- Plan and execute a retail demo and grassroots sampling program with strategic input from Sales Directors; coordinate staffing with third party demo providers as well as brand ambassadors and merchandizers operating in market; own a retail demo and sampling budget with oversight from the Marketing Director.
- Serve as a point of contact for remote merchandizers, brand ambassadors, and territory sales managers in tandem with the appropriate Sales Director; outfit those personnel with supplies and promotional materials; maintain regular communication with remote personnel to provide product updates.
- Provide brand identity training for remote brand ambassadors and merchandizers.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of POS materials with design team (shelf-talkers, signage, etc.).
- Coordinate print and digital coupon generation; maintain relationships with coupon clearinghouses; review and report on coupon redemption to Sales and Marketing leadership.
- With direction from retail sales leadership, attend new store openings and make store visits during market tours.
- Serve as the marketing contact for retail brokers and distributors; provide brand identity training and outfit those partners with POS and marketing materials; conduct ride- alongs with brokers as requested by Sales leadership.
- Manage an inventory and own a budget for branded swag and promotional items; communicate with Sales leadership directly regarding regional allocations of promo items.
- Communicate status updates about product changes and collateral development to Sales team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of three-plus year(s) of experience in a marketing role are required. Experience with project management and/while working with a budget and a proficiency in MS Office are also required. Experience in the specialty food and beverage industry, coffee industry, or a natural product industry is a must.
A self-motivated and proactive candidate with a strong sense of collaboration is highly preferred. Experience working as a Brand Ambassador and/or one-plus year(s) of Social Media / Marketing Copywriting experience are also preferred. Additionally, a candidate with high energy, strong multi-tasking skills, and excellent communication skills (specifically, public speaking skills) is preferred. A highly attentive candidate with a strong business acumen and the ability to work with minimal supervision is also preferred. Also, a financially savvy candidate with experience planning and tracking marketing or sales budgets is preferred.
An eagerness and willingness to learn about tea is strongly preferred.