Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds, directing staff, and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies. Also responsible for the budget, as it relates to equipment and supplies – must negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures.
Responsible for assisting the Leadership Team in operational projects and overseee office openings, closings, and build outs in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with all Skokie and Madison staff to implement the Facilities Process once new offices are identified by Leadership, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating the lease negotiation and signatures with Senior Property Manager.
- Coordinating site visits.
- Obtaining the preliminary budget and updating the Budget Tracker throughout the process.
- Gathering necessary information for corporate approval and insurance coverage.
- Working with the state and Realtor boards to obtain proper licensing.
- Coordinating with our IT department to install phones, copier, internet, etc.
- Sending weekly updates to appropriate parties.
- Working with construction team on contractor selections, obtaining bids, understanding timelines, submitting invoices, and ordering furniture.
- Ordering interior and exterior signage.
- Reviewing and improving the Facilities Process to make it more efficient and effective.
- Keep the Trello Board updated with checklist items, notes, files, and timelines.
- Work with CEO to ensure all office current and future office leases are in the correct entity name.
- Participate in weekly mergers and acquisitions calls with staff.
- Maintain the Lease Expiration Tracker and coordinate with appropriate parties to renew leases and notify landlords of our intentions.
- Participate in and run monthly facilities meetings.
- Manage the process of closing offices as directed from Leadership.
- Manage all maintenance needs and requests for offices in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Florida.
- Oversee small office remodels as needed.
- Coordinate furniture moves as needed.
- Coordinate all office moves from beginning to end including: signage, lock changes, utility starts and stops, furniture relocations, final cleanouts and disposal of contents and final walk through with property managers or building owners.
- Assist the Area Director with various operational projects as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, or equivalent, and three-plus years of commercial real estate build-out experience OR three-plus years of experience managing construction projects are required.
A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, and five-plus years of commercial real estate build-out experience OR three-plus years of experience managing construction projects are preferred.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and ability to compile information and create reports on an as needed basis are a must. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.
Real estate background and/or experience working in a sales environment is extremely preferred.