Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 75%
Responsible for managing all aspects of driving all recruitment, growth and policy-related initiatives within elmspring, and support the development and scaling of its portfolio of current and alumni companies. Also directly responsible for managing each cohort’s participation in required curriculum, mentor utilization, and “pitch presentation readiness.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage recruitment and participate in the selection of each cohort’s companies.
- Provide strategy consulting to companies in areas such as business model, client acquisition, overall strategy, financing, fundraising, market research, operations, contract negotiations, etc.
- Manage the implementation and execution of the curriculum schedule, which will include: mentors, pitch preparedness, etc.
- Cultivate and manage new and existing investor relationships for a fruitful pitch day.
- Manage and communicate with mentor portfolio who work one-on-one with companies.
- Assess target sectors, real estate and technology for gaps and entrepreneurial opportunities in partnership with stakeholders.
- Manage relationships, contracts, research, policy change, negotiations, and evaluation activities.
- Build high-level relationships with key national and local institutions.
- Develop and manage events as needed.
- This position reports directly to the Founders of company and works collaboratively with the marketing partner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, or a related and/or equivalent field and a minimum of seven years of business experience, preferably working in private sector roles in areas such as real estate, technology, law, business strategy, finance or consulting roles are a must. MBA, JD or MPP is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, strong writing skills, quantitative and analytical abilities. Proven experience and understanding of policy, evaluation, business, and finance. Follow-through, and demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are a must. The ideal candidate will also have strong leadership and project management skills (goal-setting, organization, and implementation, and a passion for entrepreneurship (drive and experience), real estate and/or technology; have the ability to take initiative; adaptive, assertive, organized and autonomous in a fast-paced environment; able to quickly get up to speed on various business models and industries, and provide value-add advice to the full range of cohort companies; willingness to assist and work closely with the Executive team in organizational, strategic and innovative capacities; and must work well in collaboration with others on strategic teams. Previous experience in developing and successfully exiting a ‘start-up’ and or/real estate company is also highly preferred. To perform this job successfully, candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.