Location: Des Plaines, IL
Status: Full Time
Responsible for managing escrow and processing title and real estate documents for refinances and purchases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with realtors, attorneys and lenders to support, manage and oversee the success of their real estate transactions.
- Provide account leadership while managing escrow closing transactions.
- Manage steps from scheduling a closing to funding and disbursing a file.
- Pull together all parties and make sure to communicate effectively to ensure every file funds in a successful way.
- Review title commitments, sales contracts, surveys and other related documents to a real estate transaction.
- Manage residential and commercial transactions.
- Work with Examiners to review commitment and address exceptions which must be cleared prior to closing and to determine documentation necessary to waive exceptions.
- Execute closing and obtain payments due, disburse funds to appropriate parties and maintain follow-up necessary for transaction completion and issuance of policy.
- Manage closing transaction to complete real estate purchases.
- Respond to questions regarding closing documents.
- Assist in preparation, execution and recording of authorized documents.
- Examine and clear requirements on title commitments and lender closing instructions to clear the file to close.
- Prepare CD, HUD-1 Settlement Statements, conveyance and other settlement documents necessary to complete the closing transactions.
- Review funds received and instruct on the disbursement of funds based on the HUD-1 Settlement Statement.
- Take ownership providing customers great customer service, guidance, and follow-up.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-plus year(s) of closing RESPA, closing statement, and closing disclosure settlement experience.
- One-plus year(s) of compiling title documents, explaining closing transactions to parties, and securing final signatures.
- Working knowledge of all title closing documents.
- Customer service experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Commercial and/or new construction title examining background.
- Working knowledge of SoftPro Select, SoftPro, or a similar title software.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision; solution focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and be able to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion.