Client Facing Bookkeeper
Location: Skokie, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 25%
Responsible for creating and maintaining records of financial transactions for multiple clients, using QuickBooks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and maintain multiple clients’ QuickBooks files, including but not limited to: bill paying and invoicing.
- Maintain multiple client files and records in both an electronic and manual support system.
- Monitor accounts receivable and perform collection duties when invoices are past due including resending invoices, issuing monthly statements, and contacting customers for payment.
- Perform analysis of projects to monitor progress, profitability, and comparison of actual costs and time spent to estimated amounts.
- Maintain financial records; manage financial oversight and forecasting.
- Process Payroll and prepare payroll worksheets.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations including bank and credit cards.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Review monthly operating performance vs. budget; assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manage cash flow and transfers between accounts; provide clients with cash and operating forecasts monthly, as necessary or requested.
- Prepare Expense reports and reimbursements.
- Prepare financials summary reports for clients.
- Identify inefficiencies and/or cost savings.
- Manage internal and external transfers to and from bank accounts.
- Renew annual vendor payments and prepare forms 1096 and 1099.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, or equivalent and a minimum of five-plus years of bookkeeping experience are required. QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, are required.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess highly attentive and proactive customer service abilities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision is preferred; solution focused. The ability to compile information and create timely reports on an as-needed basis as well as the ability to manage large amounts of data in an organized fashion is preferred. High attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills are ideal. The ability to manage time effectively while working under strict timelines is strongly preferred.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the desire to work in a small firm that offers a good balance of highly professional standards and a collegial style.