Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 75%
Responsible for building the business and brand presence through strategic new customer acquisition via street sales for a specific metropolitan market/region. Focused on targeting new business opportunities within three channels: institutional foodservice, office, and specialty grocers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute a deliberate outreach and sales strategy based on disciplined prospecting, networking, and information gathering.
- Perform lead follow-ups via email and phone, and place outbound cold calls for new prospects.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Uncover growth opportunities by canvassing prospective customers within assigned region.
- Solicit new business opportunities in designated markets by visiting accounts in person.
- Visit with key decision makers; build and strengthen relationships.
- Present new products to current accounts; close new business within these accounts.
- Maintain contact with both current and prospective customers.
- Work with all teams to process orders and successfully coordinate business needs.
- Manage and predict revenue through a CRM; fully understand the math of your sales activity and results.
- Present solutions to customers tied to their business results, using a consultative selling methodology and economic modeling.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Keep abreast of leading sales practices and trends in the food and beverage industry.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Work with coach to execute sales growth strategies in the local market.
- Think like a business owner, and influence the thinking of other business owners.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a minimum of three-plus years of inside and/or outside consultative sales experience OR three-plus years of customer service experience in the food and beverage industry are required.
The ideal candidate must possess a demonstrated passion for selling and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment, as well as, the ability to prioritize and negotiate. A self-motivated and proactive candidate with high emotional intelligence, relationship management skills, and an openness to feedback is a required. The ideal candidate must also have a growth mindset (not fixed) and the ability to think disruptively (i.e. – not a status quo thinker). A highly attentive and proactive team player who can work independently is also required. Strong customer service abilities are an absolute must.
Additionally, strong communication and presentation skills, and a high level of comfort explaining or demonstrating products to a variety of individuals/groups are preferred. A proven track record in sales and sales management with a focus on accountability is also preferred. Additionally, the ability to and read financial statements and tie strategy/actions to financial performance, as well as, the ability to pull and analyze sales reports from cloud-based CRMs (like Salesforce) are also preferred.