Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full Time
Responsible for accurately and precisely planning and buying high quality cost effective products from vendors at the best possible price with a minimum of capital investment while achieving a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for procurement and delivery of assigned goods or services needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Initiate transactions for Marketing, Packaging & Concentrates.
- Expertise in analyzing inventory order patterns and sales data to provide input for strategic purchasing decisions; negotiate pricing and handle price dispute resolutions.
- Solicit and evaluate quotations, place and amend purchase orders, and follow up on vendor commitments for assigned goods or services; manage vendor relationships.
- Maintain the accuracy of purchase item data.
- Analyze and solve complex purchasing problems with other departments.
- Continuously evaluate and improve purchasing procedures.
- Recommend process improvements and innovative solutions to support achievement of goals as related to vendors and goods or services.
- Create Purchase Orders (PO), review, and analyze PO details by conducting receiving audits.
- Manage and track all customer orders.
- Successfully transact and build competencies with inbound logistics.
- Analyze and coordinate transactions for other procurement spend as directed.
- Solicit and provide necessary documentation for compliance and A/P Vouchers.
- Perform reporting duties on a frequent basis.
- Analyze, maintain and evolve Purchasing Plans;
- Follow all food safety protocols as required by food safety management system, as related to this position.
- Provide direct and up to date Purchasing insight through Buyer activities.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for supporting procurement activities as it pertains to analysis of purchasing, inventory and cost accounting.
- Conduct transactional duties – Procurement to Accounts Payable.
- Support Executive Leadership objectives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in any concentration and a minimum of one-plus year(s) of vendor contract negotiation and buy budget management experience are required. Experience issuing Purchase Orders using a CRM and/or ERP system and advanced Microsoft Excel abilities are also required. A self-motivated and proactive candidate with a strong sense of collaboration is also a must.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess demonstrated leadership experience and an aptitude for understanding Standard Operating Procedures. An aptitude for process review, improvement, and documentation as well as advanced problem solving and communication skills are preferred. A highly attentive and proactive team player with proactive customer services abilities is also preferred.
Experience with coffee, specialty food, natural and organic, wine or tea is strongly preferred.