Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota (Metro)
Status: Full Time
Travel: Up to 75%
Responsible for driving company’s growth within a designated region through new customer acquisition and by uncovering growth opportunities with existing customer accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand territory and its current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
- Execute a deliberate outreach and sales strategy based on disciplined prospecting, networking, and information gathering.
- Learn and cultivate customer objectives, needs, and profitability drivers.
- Take responsibility and ownership of territory.
- Keep up-to-date and informed of market and industry trends.
- Identify needs of customers and offer solutions.
- Sell entire value offering company.
- Use sound judgment and problem-solving skills to create win-win solutions.
- Participate in industry trade shows and associations.
- Perform lead follow-ups via email and phone, and place outbound cold calls for new prospects.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Uncover growth opportunities by canvassing prospective customers within assigned region.
- Solicit new business opportunities in designated markets by visiting accounts in person.
- Visit with key decision makers; build and strengthen relationships.
- Present new products to current accounts; close new business within these accounts.
- Maintain contact with both current and prospective customers.
- Work with all teams to process orders and successfully coordinate business needs.
- Manage and predict revenue through a CRM; fully understand the math of your sales activity and results.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Coordinate sales effort with sales department.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Work with leadership to execute sales growth strategies in the local market.
- Think like a business owner, and influence the thinking of other business owners.
- Exceed sales goals by closing new sales while establishing, developing, and maintaining long-term positive business and customer relationships.
- Manage budget, negotiate contracts, forecast sales activities and plan for growth.
- Design and implement strategic sales plans.
- Review market analyses to determine client needs, price schedules and strategy.
- Stay current with the industry and understand competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Generate and present sales reports and provide consistent and direct feedback to leadership and the sales team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, or equivalent and a minimum of three-plus years of sales experience in the ingredient industry and/or specialty chemicals are required. A proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is also required.
The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor and be self-motivated and results driven with excellent sales and/or presentation skills. Additionally, tenacious follow-up, and strong relationship management skills are preferred. The ideal candidate will also be able to understand, retain, and utilize technical knowledge. A proven attention to detail with the ability to multi-task are also preferred abilities in the ideal candidate.
A Bachelors Degree and/or CRM experience are also strongly preferred.